Oh the classic Thin Mint … the cookie we all crumble for when we see its bright green box. What could be better than combining this classic with a cupcake? Perfection if you ask me! I’ve adapted this recipe, pulling different pieces from different blogs but put together I have no doubt that this could be one heck of a cake. If anyone actually makes these please send pictures!!
- 24 Thin Mint Cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter, cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
1) Preheat oven to 350 F. Line 24 cupcake wells with paper liners. Place a Thin Mint cookie in the bottom of each liner.
2) Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
3) Beat sugar and melted butter together on medium speed until well combined.
4) Add eggs and beat to combine.
5) Beginning with the flour mixture, add flour and milk alternately with three additions of flour and two additions of milk, beginning and ending with flour. Beat until just combined.
6) Fill cupcake liners 1/3 full with batter. Place Thin Mint truffle in the center of each and top with more batter until 2/3 full. Bake in preheated oven for 19-26 minutes or until tops of cupcakes spring back when lightly touched.
7) Cool in pan on rack for ten minutes, then remove from pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Creamy Mint Frosting
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1 c. butter, slightly softened
- 1 box (16 oz) of confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- Just a drop or two of green food coloring
1. Using a mixer, beat together the cream cheese and butter on high speed.
2. Add the powdered sugar and continue beating until smooth.
3. Add the mint extract and beat together adequately.
4. Add 1 or 2 drops of green food coloring, just to make them pretty.
Optional **Crush thin mint cookies and sprinkle them on top!**
Frosting recipe from: http://sweetandcrumby.com/2011/03/02/thin-mint-obsessed-to-die-for-chocolate-mint-cupcakes/