- 1 1/2 cups (195 grams) all purpose flour
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature (cut into pieces)
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) sour cream or whole plain yogurt, room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) and lightly butter or line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
2. In the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat to combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. Add the butter, egg, egg yolks, vanilla extract, and sour cream.
4. Beat the wet and dry ingredients together at medium speed until the batter is smooth and satiny, about 30 seconds.
5. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. If necessary, stir the batter with a rubber spatulauntil the flour is fully incorporated.
6. Evenly fill the muffin cups with the batter and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until pale gold and a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
8. Once the cupcakes have completely cooled, frost with icing. You can either spread the frosting on the cupcakes with a small spatula or, if piping, use a large Wilton 1M open or closed star tip to make lovely swirls.
These cupcakes are best the day they are made, although they will keep for a few days at room temperature.
For more recipes like this one visit: http://www.joyofbaking.com/YellowCupcakes.html#ixzz1CyJDbZxP